Translate

Wednesday 6 August 2014

A Piece Of Your Minds

My astronomically intriguing friend recently told me that sugarcoating my thoughts does not help anyone, least of all my faithful readers. He was vaguely recalling my earlier post on thenewoldestprofession  and how i toed the line like a collosal coward in awe of facing the wrath of our shameless prostitutes.

The friend further illustrated that I am part of the system I strive so hard to attack. According to him, sure, I write articles agitating for the rights of the oppresed like the Palestines but what I am really doing is of no greater significance than one #Pray4Gaza banner. I just state the obvious, res ispa loquitur, but fail to evoke a thought, an awakening even if it is to that one individual that will shake his understanding of reality. Touchè.

The rational response would be to admit  that my friend has a valid point and perhaps put some of his brilliant ideas in action but as you can guess by now (my faithful readers) that is not yours truly.

Actually, I have chosen to give the critic one thing. The main reason we write is to sway minds to think the way we will them to. It is the sort of mind-blogging (pun intended), black and white magic spells (no pun intended) that makes us have sort of a cult following among the fickle minded readers, such as yourself. Psychologically speaking, once you learn how human minds work, you can own anyone by instilling ideas only you deem fit for them. It alienates the idea of free will but then again, (in the words of Hitler -not all words though) what good fortune it is for leaders that their readers do not think. By now you are probably cursing the day I was born but I implore you to give me a chance to explain.

First of all, I have chosen to write off this friend as a critic. Critics are "know it alls" (sounds ironical coming from me but, oh well) whose glasses are always half empty (my glass is not half full either, it is just half) and think that the betterment of other people means their own detriment. Their choice of lifestyle must be stemmed from their fickle minds justifying their lazyness to get off their butts and do something worthwhile by either mentally placing everyone beneath them or cynical judgements upon the over-achievers like myself.

The aforementioned critics are the vermin of the world of literal arts. Literature is meant to be nurtured, understood and appreciated. You do not read an article to respond, you read it to connect it to your own thoughts and finally synchronize your ideas to your hearty feelings. The critic however reads an article with an engulfed (by his predisposed prejudice to his "rational" theories) mind. I dare say that it is the equivalent of listening to soft music on a radio with your phone's earphones on.

Moving on, there is more to the hullabaloo created earlier on the swaying of your minds. You see, everyone has a normative brain function and whatever one actually reads connects to a particular line of thought and one reciprocates by inclining his or her thoughts towards my particular post. In simpler terms, marvellous writers like yours truly have the ability to teach people how to teach themselves, and that is quite something in the eyes of my other friend - such a consort.

And in the psycho-analysis of my stakeholders, I have come to the conclusion that both the critic and the reader are the same. Both are small-minded, savvy parasites whose under-achievements and sub-conscious personal scrutiny have driven them to seek knowledge from the pragmatic minority lot of us. How ironical that I need them as much as they need me?

For the sake of love, peace and unity perpetuated in our national anthem, I shall magnanimously give you all peace of  mind -again, ironical- and promise to sugarcoat the rest of my sentiments in my next blog.

Tissue, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment