Translate

Wednesday 15 October 2014

Sexual Innuendo

I would not be caught dead listening to radio talk shows for reasons best discussed in another article. However, I cannot help but marvel at comments from people who are from a different class of stupid.

So this evening on Classic 105 FM I heard a man say, ".....women are meant to be submissive. It is in the Bible. Just you look at the homes in which women submit to their husbands, they always do well...."

I weep for his grammatical trial and error because the much he probably learnt was wearing his pants one leg at a time.

Do not get me wrong, I do not disagree with the truism in his saying that a religious book says so. Ephesians 5:24 "Now as the Church submits to Christ, so too should wives submit to their husbands in everything." However, it is very hypocritical for men to overlook those verses that do not benefit them and vice versa. Do not forget that in the same good book in 1 Peter 2:18 it is written, "Slaves, submit to your masters in all respect, not only to thise who are good and considerate, but to also those who are harsh."

It is neither my intention nor my business to dispute Bible verses but I make it my business to speak against the hypocrisy that is the cancer of religions today. That is to say that some religious people actually use their knowledge of religious books to exert their superiority over others. I read the paper's daily forex reports, but that hardly makes me a stock broker.

Moreover, I believe the greatest commandment is to love thy neighbour as you love yourself which corresponds to the golden rule of do unto others...

Unfortunately, this is a double-edged sword in which the women are all too willing to roll over and bend over backwards for men. Becoming a second wife or taking the ocassional slap is considered being tolerant and abiding. However, until these women remove the albatross across their necks (patriachy), I am at my wits end on remedying such level of stupidity.

That male stupidity should thrive because most women under-estimate themselves is in itself the greatest matrimonial injustice today.

No comments:

Post a Comment