Translate

Saturday 27 September 2014

Weekend at 7's

The weekend could not come fast enough for yours truly. Not only is my head still spinning from the preposterous week I've had but also the current craze is well upon me. All roads lead to Safaricom Stadium for the annual Safaricom 7s rugby tournament.

Remember the feeling when your mates did not include you in games as a child because you weren't good enough? Well, I don't but thank you for your participation anyway. Anyway, my mates are attending this event and I heartily weep for their mediocrity.

I am neither a kill-joy nor a sombre introvert for taking an unnoticeable raincheck to this god-forsaken fuckery (pun may be intended). I have laid down my reasons for peace of mind.

1. Historical Injustices
Aren't we a forgetful nation? It has been barely a year since scores of people were massacred by terrorists in Westgate mall on the same day as this jinxed event. I am in no way condemning the terrorists, on the contrary, I think the source of terrorism should be better analyzed. I needn't say I condemn violence.....my point being, having fun on such an anniversary is quite phlegm. Moreover, according to my superstitions, lightning does strike the same place twice.

2. Affairs of the Heart
Frankly, at the moment I cannot get a girlfriend to save my life and as you know such events are only fun for love-birds and unicorns. Touché, it might also be a haven for the relentless single love thirsty vampires. However, besides the fact that I am not the boldest, naïve and vulnerable ladies do not pose much of a challenge.

3. Sporting Affiliations
Calling rugby a sport is a rather undeserved compliment for sumo-wrestlers playing with an egg-shaped ball. Sure, it has its moments, especially the provision of eye candy for members of the fairer sex whose idea of foreplay is men tugging on each others' shorts. When all's said and done, there is very little I'd miss a Chelsea game for.

3. The Numbers Game
Due to my aforementioned relationship status, third-wheeling with couples is not exactly my idea of fun. Hanging out with my vast group of friends (beats me too, introvert and all) will only bring me to befriend mutual friends....let us just say playing facebook in real life is not my speciality.

It is finally the end of an uneventful day for yours truly and vice versa for most of my faithful readers with nothing better to do on weekends than watch a mediocre D-list tournament.

Anyway, like parents tell their poor-performing children after their mediocrity, "as long as you had fun."

3 comments:

  1. Hehe.. Haaaaaaaaaaate...

    ReplyDelete
  2. and you wonder why you cant score a girlfriend... :p
    haha i had to!!

    thereelrhee.com

    ReplyDelete